Do you have headaches regularly?
Are you often tired or lethargic?
Are you suffering from muscle ache and pains regularly?
Do you suffer from allergies?
Do you feel bloated or suffer from diarrhoea, constipation or other digestive issues regularly?
Do you have poor short-term memory or concentration affecting your ability to function at work?
If you answered “yes” to any of the questions above and are not feeling well, toxicity may be the reason you feel unwell.
Toxins are very common in our busy modern world. Everything we encounter nowadays is exposed to environmental toxins to a certain degree, which include things like heavy metals, pesticides, chemicals, food additives, drugs and pollutants. These may be present in the air, water and also food that we consume. Toxins do not only come from your external environment; toxins can also be generated internally by “bad” bacteria, yeasts and parasites in your digestive system. These internally generated toxins are then absorbed into your bloodstream, affecting your health and vitality.
Toxins are harmful to our body and your body, naturally, has the mechanisms for eliminating them. However, if you continue to produce, consume or absorb more toxins than you can easily get rid of, your body’s detoxification pathways can become overwhelmed and start to be less effective. To avoid this, you need to reduce your exposure to toxins as much as possible and optimise your body’s ability to eliminate toxins everyday, rather than letting them build up. If you are not feeling 100%, a safe proper healthy detoxification program can help.
Do not take any detoxification program lightly. A natural detoxification program can be one of the most effective ways to rapidly improve your state of health as it will help clear accumulated toxins out of your body and leave your feeling energetic and healthy. Detoxification is a serious business and you need to ensure that you are safe and comfortable with the detoxification process. Everyone is different and the detoxification program needs to be suited to your individual needs. A standard detoxification package may not be suitable for you and may actually leave you feeling sick and tired. You should not attempt to do a detox without guidance and support from a qualified healthcare professional.
Our 3R Approach to Detoxification
A safe, proper, healthy and effective detoxification program involves the completion of three stages:
- Remove – this stage focuses on removing “bad bugs” from your digestive system.
- Rejuvenate– this stage is aimed at replacing the “bad bugs” and populating your digestive function with the “good” bugs to facilitate the final stage below, so that wastes or toxins eliminated by your liver and kidneys can be moved out of the body effectively.
- Release – this is the final stage and it involves the consumption of natural medicines to support and enhance your body’s (especially your liver and kidneys) capacity to remove waste and toxins.
During your detoxification stages, you need to be eating the right foods for your body in order to maximise the detoxification process, a diet based on your individual requirements.
Here are some tips on how you can make simple dietary changes today to help reduce your level of toxicity:
- always look for fresh seasonal fruit and vegetables;
- avoid packaged and processed foods as much as possible;
- eliminate foods containing artificial colours, flavours , sweeteners, additives and flavour enhancers as well as foods containing hydrogenated fats; and
- always read the ingredients list to ensure that your food does not contain high amounts of saturated fat, salt, gluten and/or sugar.
Also, live the detox lifestyle – exercise, drink plenty of water, avoid recreational drugs and minimise the use of heavy metal and chemical based skin / hair care products, cleaning products and deodorants. If the label contains many numbers and chemical names that you can’t pronounce, avoid them unless you know what they are, e.g. botanical names for essential oils.